My husband was the 1st person to introduce me to the wonderful taste of Doi Chaang Coffee (www.doichaangcoffee.com).
Since then I knew immediately that this coffee will be great to make dessert with. Doi Chaang coffee sweet Arabica smell always tickles my brain to come up with some different style of coffee drink rather than just an expresso or Americano.
So this coffee jelly is another attempt to make the best of delicious taste and smell of Doi Chaang coffee and this doesn't disappoint me at all. In fact, it got me more addicted to that sweet Arabica smell :)
Oh by the way, Doi Chaang Coffee beans is organic and comes from Chiang Rai in Thailand. It is 100% Arabica, beyond Fair Trade, world class specialty coffee and the one I use for the jelly is the single estate.
- Half can of Condensed milk (not in the photo. I forgot to include when I took this photo)
- 1 packet of clear Swallow brand jelly powder
- 2 shots Doi Chaang expresso
- 600ml warm water
- 40g brown sugar (or depends on how sweet you like it. You can put more or less sugar)
- 2 pandan leaves
- A pinch of salt (or to taste. The salt is just to balance the taste. You can omit it)
1) Mix with water and bring to boil.
2) Add pandan leaves and a pinch of salt before the mixture boils. Stir until the pandan soft.
3) Cools it down for a while before adding half can of condensed milk and 1 packet of jelly powder. Stir well.
4) Bring it to boil again while continue stirring it.
5) Cools it down for about 5 minutes before you pour the mixture into a jelly mold.
6) Then let the jelly firms up and you can put it in the fridge and serve it cold.
It is very delicious! You can enjoy it with Vanilla ice cream or just cream. Hmmm...Yummy! 😍👍
|Evernote helps you remember everything and get organized effortlessly. Download Evernote.|