Monday, October 05, 2009

Tasty Chicken Liver




I love chicken liver very much. I know... I know... too much Cholesterol but I like the taste. Usually, I would just fry it with garlic to enjoy chicken liver. To make sure I don't get tired of eating this, I tried to cook it in a different way. I mixed with what ever ingredients I could find in my kitchen. The result: a very tasty chicken liver. It's very good to be eaten with rice and sauteed kailan just like what I am having right now while typing this post... :)

Since I don't want to loose the recipe I just created, I documented here and at the same time I can share it with you.

Ingredient:

Fresh ginger (the size of your thumb)
7 pieces chicken liver
500 ml water to boil chicken liver
2 tbsp sweet soya sauce
3 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp mince lemongrass
1 tsp tamarind paste
1 stalk of spring onion (diced) to garnish

Pounded ingredients:
5 shallots
3 cloves garlic
3 tsp sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

To make:
1) Peel the ginger skin, halved, and crushed ginger.
2) Boil chicken liver with fresh ginger in 500ml water until chicken liver is cooked.
3) While boiling, prepare the pounded ingredients.
4) Once the chicken liver is boiled, cut into smaller pieces, put the water aside.
5) Heat 3 tbsp cooking oil in a wok, saute the pounded ingredients, add lemongrass and tamarind paste, and stir fry well until fragrant.
6) Add chicken liver and mix well.
7) Add 150ml water that was used to boil the chicken liver and add sweet soya sauce, mix well until water evaporate.
9) Serve and garnish with spring onion.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: