The main ingredient of this recipe is fish. You can use any small (not too big/not too fleshy) fish such as belanak, catfish, sardin or tilapia.
The other ingredients are:
3 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
A pinch of salt to taste (if you like salty, then you can put more, but I don't recommend this.)
1 tbs corn starch (is used to make the fried fish crispier and to avoid the fish from sticking on to the frying pan)
15 ml warm water
Vegetable cooking oil to fry the fish (depends on how many fishes you fry as long as the cooking oil covers all fishes when the fishes are fried).
1) Clean and scale the fishes thoroughly especially the belly part by cutting the side of the fishes.
2) Mix the fishes with garlic, salt and warm water.
3) Rub the fishes with corn starch
4) Leave the mixture for min. 15 minutes in the fridge.
5) After that you can start heating up the cooking oil in the frying pan.
6) Once the cooking oil is hot, dip and fry the fishes. Don't forget to turn the fishes to get even color of brown.
7) When the fishes turn brown, take them out and put them on the plate covered with paper hand towel to dry the oil.
That's all. It's very simple, easy, and delicious. My husband loves the crispy fried fish so much till I have to serve it on my dining table almost every night.
One gently reminder: Please be extra careful with the bones. Though you can eat and chew it, some parts of the fish bone are quite sharp.