Thursday, May 04, 2006

My hubby's special curry chicken

I don't actually like to eat curry but my husband does. He loves curry so much and if possible, everything is curried... :P
His favourite curry among all curries is curry fish head but I'm not going to write down the recipe for curry fish head here because you can find a better curry fish head recipe from other websites especially those originated from Penang, Malaysia.

On this post, I'm going to write about curry chicken recipe. This recipe is very special because my husband taught me. Oh well, I told you earlier that I don't like curry so I try my best not to cook curry, but since my husband is a curry lover, so I have no choice other than to learn at least 1 curry recipe... :D


Here is the recipe:
The ingredients:
2 potatoes peeled and sliced (don't have to be too thin) then put in a bowl and soaked in the water to prevent browning
2 carrots peeled and sliced round
6-10 pieces chicken drum stick
1 big white onion cut into cubes
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder (if you like your curry to be hot, put more chilli powder)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
100 ml thick coconut milk
2 tbsp cooking oil
4 cups of water to boil the chicken


  1. Boil the chicken drum sticks until they are half-way cooked, drained the chicken and keep aside the broth.
  2. Mix the coconut milk with turmeric powder, chilli powder and the oyster sauce.
  3. Put the chicken drum stick into the coconut milk mixture and mix evenly. Put aside.
  4. Heat the cooking oil in the frying pan, fry the onion until its fragrance comes out, then put the salt to taste, then pour the chicken broth and mix again.
  5. Put the chicken drum sticks with the coconut milk mixture onto the frying pan, and mix again.
  6. Put the potatoes and the carrots into the pan, mix and cook again until the potatoes dissolve a little bit and the carrots are soft.
  7. Put the sugar to taste and mix everything again. Cook for awhile until the sauce a little bit thick.
  8. Pour into a big serving dish and the curry chicken is ready to be served.


No comments: