Version 1: Chocolate topping
150 gr butter, chopped
150 gr dark chocolate, chopped
- Combine the butter and chocolate in a pan.
- Stir over LOW heat until melted. Remove from the heat to cool slightly.
- Pour the topping over the cake, letting it run down the side to create the 'mud' effect.
Version 2: Chocolate buttercream topping
25 gr butter
3 tsp cream
1/4 cup (30 gr) sifted icing sugar
- Combine the chopped chocolate, butter, cream and icing sugar in a small pan.
- Stir over LOW heat until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Spread the chocolate buttercream over the top of the cake with a flat-bladed knife.